Introducing: Studio Two by Actual Music
Actual Music are delighted to introduce our new production facility & mix room dubbed ‘Studio Two’. This is an unabashed fully-digital set up featuring latest-gen UA Apollo conversion, industry-leading ATC monitoring and a huge palette of virtual instruments and plug-ins. The room is fully treated with GIK Acoustic panels delivering an excellent critical listening experience & efficient ‘in the box’ workflow for users.
At the heart of the setup is a top-spec 2020 27” iMac, stably running Pro Tools 2020.12 & Logic Pro X via a Universal Audio Apollo x8, supplemented by a UAD Satellite Quad.
Our plug-in suite includes full collections from UAD, SoundToys, FabFilter, Celemony & Slate Digital.
We also have a huge array of virtual instruments & sample libraries controlled by Arturia KeyLab 88. These include Spectrasonics Keyscape & Omnisphere; Native Instruments Massive, FM8, Absynth, Reaktor, Kontakt, Battery 4 & all other Komplete Ultimate instruments; BBC Symphony Orchestra Professional from Spitfire Audio, ANA2 and Arturia Analog Lab.
Studio Two is an ideal space for vocal or acoustic guitar recording, with a small but useful mic locker featuring Shure SM7B, Aston Origin, Audio-Technica AT4040 and Townsend Labs Sphere L22, alongside the Aston Halo reflection filter.
The space also houses video production facilities including Sony A6600 mirrorless DSLR & 16-55mm G lens, lighting from Phottix and Final Cut Pro X. This video set up is ideal for the static capture of hi-quality 4K video while recording, and users can benefit from the studio’s ultrafast 300mbps fibre broadband for project download & upload.
Studio Two is available for day dry hire, for producers & artists wanting an acoustically isolated setup equally adept for tracking, editing & mixing.
Studio Two is also Actual Music’s current primary base for production & mix commissions for our in-house team of Jamie Turner and Arthur Phillips.
The studio is located in Blackburn town centre, easily accessible by train or car. Bookings are subject to our COVID-secure policies & guidance.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01254 457864.
Full Gear List:
Computer, Conversion & Monitoring
- Apple iMac 2020 3.3GHz, 16gb RAM
- Universal Apollo X8 Audio Interface with four unison mic pres
- ATC SCM25a Loudspeakers
- GIK Acoustics Corner Bass Traps, Broadband Panels & Diffusers
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones
- Guitars & basses from Fender & Tokai
- Arturia KeyLab 88 MIDI Controller
- Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Modeller
- Shure SM7B
- Audio-Technica AT4040
- Aston Microphones Halo Reflection Filter
Software & Virtual Instruments
- Pro Tools 2020.12
- Logic Pro X
- Final Cut Pro X
- Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate
- Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra Professional
- Spectrasonics Keylab
- Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2
- ANA2 Synth
- Arturia Analog Lab
- AVA Instinct
- Celemony Melodyne 5
- UAD 1176 Collection
- UAD LA-2A Collection
- UAD EMT-140
- UAD Pultec EQ Collection
- UAD Neve 1084 Channel Strip
- UAD Ocean Way Studios
- Slate Digital Bundle including Virtual Mix Rack, Virtual Bus Compressors, Virtual Tape Machines, Repeater & Verbsuite Classics
- SoundToys 5 including Decapitator, EchoBoy, Crystallizer & Devil-Loc Deluxe
- FabFilter ProQ-3, ProL-2, Pro-R, ProC-2, Volcano 2, Timeless 2 & Pro-MB
- iZotope Ozone 9 Elements
- Softube SSL 4000E Channel Strip
- Softube British Class A Channel Strip
- Softube Abbey Road Brilliance EQ Collection